Meet your new brunch go-to: These dreamy vegan 3 ingredient crepes; crispy around the edges and melt in the mouth delicious in the middle. Just how I like ’em!
Here’s what you need:
- FOR THE CREPE:
- 100g wholemeal spelt flour
- 300ml almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional – but recommended!)
- 1 tbsp oil
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- honey/maple syrup, to drizzle
- flaked almonds, optional
Here’s what you need to do:
- In a bowl, combine the flour with the milk, salt and cinnamon – if using. Stir until a smooth and runny consistency forms and set aside.
- Pour the blueberries in to a saucepan and heat up until completely melted, simmering whilst you prep the crepe.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a pan on a medium high heat – letting the pan get nice and hot. Thinly spread the batter on to the pan (around 1 1/2 ladel’s) and allow to cook for a few minutes until almost cooked through. Turn around and let the other side go golden and nice and crispy around the edges – about another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, cover half with the blueberries and banana and fold the other half on top, before drizzling the almond butter and honey on top. Crush on some almonds for a little extra crunch. Serves up!