A nice little something something to tide you through. Make a batch and keep in the fridge to add to yoghurt, porridge, cereal, toast, pancakes… Eh, you get the jist. This is how I like it: the creaminess of the yoghurt and the toasted flavour/crunch you get from the nuts is next level delightful!
Also, I don’t know if this is just me, but if you add a sprinkle of salt at the end, your life will change dramatically. But that probably is just me.
What you need:
- 5 apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (add more to taste)
- 100g yoghurt of choice
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts and seeds (I like pumpkin seeds, almonds and walnuts)
What you need to do:
- Chop the apples in to small pieces and place in a saucepan with a little water.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon and sweetener and bring to the boil before allowing to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once the apples are soft and tender, they’re ready to serve up with the yoghurt. Sprinkle with the nuts and seeds (you can toast the before hand if you want a deeper flavour), add more honey/sugar if you like and en-yoyyyy!