Here I have paired seasonal new potatoes with crunchy broad beans, sweet tender peas, sauteed tomatoes (it’s worth cooking them for this – trust me!), fresh mint and a whole lot of herbs to unite all those Spring flavour forces together.
Be-a-utiful when paired with a protein of your choice (a little roast chicken, salmon, tuna, anchovies or eggs, perhaps?) or simply enjoyed by itself with a generous portion of fresh peppery greens.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bag new potatoes, halved
- 2 cups broad beans
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cherry or plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Here’s what you need to do:
- Simply boil the new potatoes until tender, around 25 minutes, drain and put to the side to cool.
Take the broad beans out of the pods and boil in the water for 3 minutes with the green beans. For the last 30 seconds, add in the frozen peas and drain. Then you can go ahead and heat some oil in a pan and fry the cherry tomatoes with a good pinch of salt on a medium heat, until nicely cooked.
- Finally – in a large bowl just combine all of the ingredients with a little olive oil and stir well before serving up!