This, my friends, is the risotto that converted me in to a risotto girl. Apparently before, I wasn’t a fan – but the combination never fails to hit the spot when comfort food is needed. I call it ”mushotto”! *Chef Kiss*
If you want to make it vegan, just use dairy free crème fraiche. Oatly do a banging one – we use it because my Mum is dairy free and I swear you wouldn’t be able to tell! Not an ad (lol, I wish) – just a fondness for for all things Oatly. Who you callin’ basic?
- You will need:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- clove of garlic, finely minced
- 150g risotto rice
- 75ml dry white wine
- 750ml veg stock
- bunch spring onions, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, chipped
- 150g frozen peas
- 3tbsp creme fraiche
- squeeze of lemon
- bunch chopped basil
- Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes in 1tbsp of the oil for 2 minutes, then add the rice and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and fry for another 2 mins, then add the stock gradually and simmer - stirring regularly for 15-20 minutes. Keep watching over it, it's worth it!
- Meanwhile, fry off some mushrooms in a separate pan until nice and softened.
- When nearly done, add spring onions, mushrooms, peas and creme fraiche. Once the peas are defrosted, you're done.
- Take off the heat then add a squeeze of lemon and chopped basil.