I have to say, this tomato soup is the absolute dead ringer of the canned Heinz variety; the only difference is you have the advantage of licking the blender clean once you’ve made it and it contains actual vegetables.
It’s refreshingly cheap and easy to make and if you’re doing that whole #Veganuary thing then it will do you just nicely (sans the cheese, obvi). Oh, and rest assured that it is by no means lacking in the creaminess department either. She THICK!
- 4 large carrots
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- good dash seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml chicken or veg stock
- salt + pepper
- Roast the carrots until tender. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 before throwing in the tomatoes, the purée, seasoning and stock.
- Add in the carrots and simmer (the longer the better). Blend on high speed for one minute.
- Serve with a sandwich the size of your face and add parm if you're feeling it. Best enjoyed with a side of Netflix.