Just looking at this photo takes me right back to the apartment we rented in Devon last summer. It was hands down the best week of 2017; filled with incredible food cooked in our little kitchen using the best of local produce, fresh coffee on the pebbled beach and G&T’s on the balcony as we soaked up every bit of the balmy summer evenings. As the space we had to prepare food was particularly small, (and we would rather be out living our best life in Devon as opposed to being designated in the kitchen) we kept our meals real nice and simple. This sweet potato jacket with cod, spinach and a tomato sauce was definitely a haphazard attempt to use up the contents of our fridge before leaving but it turned out to be a total winner. Thought I’d share it because everyone loves a crowd pleaser – especially when it’s easy as hell to make!
What you need:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 fillets of cod
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- dried herbs (I used parsley)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 then prod the potatoes with a fork. Place them on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil and roast for 45 minutes, until soft in the middle.
- 25 minutes before that’s ready, grab another tray (or use the same as the potato tray if it’s big enough) and place the fillets of cod on with a slice of lemon on each, salt, pepper and herbs. Wrap them in parchment paper and cook for 25.
- Meanwhile get the tomatoes and put them in to a saucepan with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer until thickened. Fry the spinach at the same time with some oil and lemon.
- Serve up the potatoes, cut in the middle and fill with a generous scoop of the tomato sauce. Finish off with the cod the spinach and season as you wish.